Skip to main content

Data collecting - what now?

After what felt like a never ending process I have finished collecting data in the form of interviews and like all things BAPP related I feel like I have more questions than I do answers... 


Usually this would leave me on the verge of a breakdown however I am taking this feeling in my stride, my approach to learning has changed over the course of the BAPP programme and I know that there is no black or white answer, every line of inquiry in this course is always going to leave me with more questions.


Although I tried my absolute hardest to go into this inquiry without any assumptions it was going to be near impossible, after all, I chose the topic of inquiry so I must have had some pre existing thoughts or feelings towards my inquiry focus which was 'does career transition exist in dance?'


I did however make several observations during my interview that as I delve into the literature further could evolve into potential themes…


Injury 

 


Job sustainability/Consistent employment



Gender/Family roles


These ideas were brought up by all if not the majority of my interviewees and although I am not looking specifically for the literature to confirm these factors they are observations that I will take note of as well as identifiying and acknowledging areas I may not have considered.


How is everyone else getting on?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Onwards and upwards... Starting Module 2

 I can't believe the blog I am about to write is about starting Module 2?! The last time I blogged I had just completed my first draft of my Module 1 essay and I hadn't even started my diagram - it's safe to say that my work/life balanced took a huge hit at the end of last year and every time I thought about sitting down to blog or read what other people were sharing, something else came up. This is something I am actively looking to change throughout Module 2 so as they say... onwards and upwards! The open discussion from Wednesday morning was the first I have ever been able to make - usually I work full days but with the current lockdown I have been lucky enough to have a little bit of extra time.  The discussion group was mainly made up of Module 1 and 2 students with a few Module 3 students which was an absolute godsend! I think I speak for every Module 2 students when I say anytime someone asks a question I would find myself staring through the screen at the Module 3 g...

Module 3 Submission

Firstly a massive CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who has submitted their work and to those still working - you've got this! Submitting my work for the final time last week felt amazing! Looking back at my journey from module one I can't believe I'm actually here (I remember sneaking a peak at the module 3 handbook when we first started, seeing the 5500 word report and just thinking - no thank you!) My absolute biggest challenge and similarly to others blogs I have read was the word count. Someone once said to me it's better to have too much than not enough but actually I found this harder! For me it would have been easier to pad the report out with more detail but after re drafting my overview and analysis I was already at 6500 words - and that was without my introduction, literature review and reflection! It took me longer than anticipated to amend my word count without losing any of the analysis and reflection that I had discovered during the inquiry process. Eventuall...

Over and out... for now

 I can't even explain the overwhelming sense of accomplishment I feel after completing my presentation this morning but this photo of me in NZ from 2019 pretty much sums it up!! Firstly a huge well done to Jen, Olivia, Clare, Shelley, Katie, Roanne, Alys, Chloe and Olivia for your presentations. I feel like I have learnt so much from your short presentations alone and the information and ideas you shared were enriching and have given me even more to think about in regards to our wider industry! The journey I have been on throughout the BAPP course has definitely had its ups and downs and on more than one occasion I felt like giving up because I didn't know if I was on the right track or not. My advice to anyone in Module 2, Module 1 or even people considering the BAPP course is to try your best to be open minded to the experience and accept that there really is never a right or wrong answer. Reflecting on my journey has highlighted just how much I have grown as both a practitio...