Skip to main content

Is blogging something you can be good or not so good at?

Having never blogged or even considering blogging before I wasn't entirely sure if I was going to be any good at it.


- Is blogging something you can be good or not so good at? 


- Do people actually want to listen to my ramblings? 


- What if I struggle for something to say? 


Well I think it's safe to say question 3 isn't going to be too big of a problem, but in all seriousness, what if people don't like my thoughts or the ideas that I am going to blog about? This was a huge deal for me... for all of 5 minutes, and then I realised


It doesn't matter!


This is going to be my safe space, where I can put out into the world what I'm thinking and connect with others whether they are like-minded or share different views entirely. It's going to be a space for me to grow and learn about myself, about others and about my profession in ways that will challenge me, but that will also reward me.


Besides I love talking, more than anything, and blogging is basically thinking out loud and then putting it online for the entire world to read... no biggie!


Over and out - G x

Comments

  1. Hi, Georgina, lovely to meet you, I am sorry to hear your cruise has not worked out this time. I agree it is lovely to have a safe space we can communicate on. I have just started the course and am unsure but curious about this whole new world of blogging and research. I have not done anything academic really since school and am a little worried about which books to read and choose and how to incorporate them into my essays as I am more practical than academic but would like to face this new challenge. I hope we can chat again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Onwards and upwards... Starting Module 2

 I can't believe the blog I am about to write is about starting Module 2?! The last time I blogged I had just completed my first draft of my Module 1 essay and I hadn't even started my diagram - it's safe to say that my work/life balanced took a huge hit at the end of last year and every time I thought about sitting down to blog or read what other people were sharing, something else came up. This is something I am actively looking to change throughout Module 2 so as they say... onwards and upwards! The open discussion from Wednesday morning was the first I have ever been able to make - usually I work full days but with the current lockdown I have been lucky enough to have a little bit of extra time.  The discussion group was mainly made up of Module 1 and 2 students with a few Module 3 students which was an absolute godsend! I think I speak for every Module 2 students when I say anytime someone asks a question I would find myself staring through the screen at the Module 3 g...

Module 3 Submission

Firstly a massive CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who has submitted their work and to those still working - you've got this! Submitting my work for the final time last week felt amazing! Looking back at my journey from module one I can't believe I'm actually here (I remember sneaking a peak at the module 3 handbook when we first started, seeing the 5500 word report and just thinking - no thank you!) My absolute biggest challenge and similarly to others blogs I have read was the word count. Someone once said to me it's better to have too much than not enough but actually I found this harder! For me it would have been easier to pad the report out with more detail but after re drafting my overview and analysis I was already at 6500 words - and that was without my introduction, literature review and reflection! It took me longer than anticipated to amend my word count without losing any of the analysis and reflection that I had discovered during the inquiry process. Eventuall...

1st draft complete... way over the word count and probably completely off topic

 So I have completely fallen behind on blogging We've had tier three restrictions, then I moved house and then another full national lockdown so my heads felt a little all over the place! In all honesty I don't know how I feel about my draft being submitted, on one hand, I'm one step closer to the finished product but on the other hand I feel like I've opened a can of worms as for the majority of the time I felt like I was just waffling on as usual. But whatever the outcome I do feel like a huge weight has been lifted and I'm ready to take my feedback onboard - full steam ahead until that December deadline! Would love to know how everyone else is feeling about their drafts?