Skip to main content

The (almost) final hurdle

 I know I'm jumping the gun a little with my blog title as I know we still have our VIVA presentations to do in January however I am starting this week feeling rather positive about the submission due on Friday!

My essay is complete, I just need to get the word count down now by taking out some of my waffling, although this seems like a difficult task I am grateful to be in a position this week where I have too much as opposed to not enough!

I have also finished the creation of my artefact, there were lots of little pieces to organise and now it is just a case of putting them altogether in a video presentation. Originally I was going to accompany my video with text but I know myself I sometimes switch off if there is too much to read so instead I am going to attempt to record a voice over to go with it! I am extremely nervous about this because as much as I love to talk I actually hate the sound of my own voice and I know it's going to take me multiple takes before I get one I am even remotely happy with!

I've actually enjoyed module 3 the most out of all the modules, I really enjoyed the practical side of doing my inquiry and I feel I have learnt so much about myself alongside my chosen topic.

5 more days to go and then its (almost) all over, I'm really looking forward to watching everyones presentations and hearing about their experiences! It feels like we've been on this journey together forever!

Good luck everyone!

x

Comments

  1. Hi Georgina,
    Thanks for taking the time to read my blog too!
    Congratulations on finding yourself near the finish line :) I'm in the same position as you too - got to get the word count down and do a voice over for my artifact. I have just been working on the 'script' for it. I have to say though I am a bit lost as to how much to do. I know it's indicative of 2500 words but I don't know if I commented over the recording of my artifact, 2500 words will be too much!? But on the other hand I want it to be understood, as just seeing it digitally is not going to be like viewing it in the flesh. Don't know what your thoughts are on that? So I'm close to the end but I know getting this recording right and doing all the fiddly technical bits to do with the video are going to take me time...eeeeek!
    Good luck to you xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Onwards and upwards... Starting Module 2

 I can't believe the blog I am about to write is about starting Module 2?! The last time I blogged I had just completed my first draft of my Module 1 essay and I hadn't even started my diagram - it's safe to say that my work/life balanced took a huge hit at the end of last year and every time I thought about sitting down to blog or read what other people were sharing, something else came up. This is something I am actively looking to change throughout Module 2 so as they say... onwards and upwards! The open discussion from Wednesday morning was the first I have ever been able to make - usually I work full days but with the current lockdown I have been lucky enough to have a little bit of extra time.  The discussion group was mainly made up of Module 1 and 2 students with a few Module 3 students which was an absolute godsend! I think I speak for every Module 2 students when I say anytime someone asks a question I would find myself staring through the screen at the Module 3 g...

Module 3 Submission

Firstly a massive CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who has submitted their work and to those still working - you've got this! Submitting my work for the final time last week felt amazing! Looking back at my journey from module one I can't believe I'm actually here (I remember sneaking a peak at the module 3 handbook when we first started, seeing the 5500 word report and just thinking - no thank you!) My absolute biggest challenge and similarly to others blogs I have read was the word count. Someone once said to me it's better to have too much than not enough but actually I found this harder! For me it would have been easier to pad the report out with more detail but after re drafting my overview and analysis I was already at 6500 words - and that was without my introduction, literature review and reflection! It took me longer than anticipated to amend my word count without losing any of the analysis and reflection that I had discovered during the inquiry process. Eventuall...

Over and out... for now

 I can't even explain the overwhelming sense of accomplishment I feel after completing my presentation this morning but this photo of me in NZ from 2019 pretty much sums it up!! Firstly a huge well done to Jen, Olivia, Clare, Shelley, Katie, Roanne, Alys, Chloe and Olivia for your presentations. I feel like I have learnt so much from your short presentations alone and the information and ideas you shared were enriching and have given me even more to think about in regards to our wider industry! The journey I have been on throughout the BAPP course has definitely had its ups and downs and on more than one occasion I felt like giving up because I didn't know if I was on the right track or not. My advice to anyone in Module 2, Module 1 or even people considering the BAPP course is to try your best to be open minded to the experience and accept that there really is never a right or wrong answer. Reflecting on my journey has highlighted just how much I have grown as both a practitio...